A 12-Step Program
Emphasizing 8 Recovery Principles Based on the Beatitudes
When does Celebrate Recovery Meet?
Mondays: 6:30pm (dinner at 6pm) Celebration Place (ages 7-13) at 6:30pm
Wednesdays: 6:30pm (Women Only)
Thursdays: 7:00pm (Men & Women)
What is Celebrate Recovery?
The stated purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God's healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and their Bibilcal comparisons and "8 Recovery Principles." By working and applying these Steps and Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually, emotionally and socially mature. We become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forigiving Higher Power-Jesus Christ, the only true Higher Power.
Who is Celebrate Recovery For?
CR is not just for those struggling with drugs or alcohol, but is perfect for anyone who is struggling with any number of hurts, habits, or hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery helps in any area of our lives that have become chaotic and/or unmanageable.
It's been said, "Pain is inevitable, but suffering is an option." Many times people are afraid to engage in honest community and conversation because they don't think of themselves as "One of those people..." The fact is we're all one of those people. We all experience times in our lives where we get stuck.
If you recognize that your hurts, habits or hang-ups are blocking you from peace and freedom in your life, you will find Celebrate Recovery an awesome place in an honest and authentic community of fellow strugglers to begin your recovery journey.
Celebrate Recovery is not about being religious or churchy, but it's about real people admitting they struggle while encouraging one another toward freedom over addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors by being open to and embracing a stronger personal relationship with God and others. Celebrate Recovery helps you to realize your true identity in Jesus Christ.
We are confident that as you progress in your recovery journey, you will come to know the forgiveness and power to experience victory of the one and only true Higher Power--Jesus Christ.
Celebrate Recovery is purely voluntary. If you wish to attend, you need not be a Christian, member of Lighthouse or any other church. There is no pre-registration or sign-ups necessary to attend. We only have one rule...NO PERFECT PEOPLE ALLOWED!!!
8 Recovery Principles
- Realize I'm not God. I admit that I am Powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust
- Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
- Evaluate all my relationsips. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for the harm I've done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.
- Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
For more information on Celebrate Recovery please contact church office at email@example.com or by calling 360-452-8909.